Sunday, January 9, 2011

Man + Madan + Ambu

Firstly, I wanted to blog about Endhiran. But then I decided otherwise, as it would bring in a lot of arguments. But then I read an article/blog from a tamil writer Chaaru Niveditha. He was bashing from line one to the last, which I thought was not at all fair. Again, there is a huge concept of freedom of speech or opinion. I have no rights to stop him saying things that are not fair. I would write a blog in Thamizh very soon and it will be mostly about his blog and not just about Endhiran. :)

And now I would go on dragging about Man+Madan+Ambu. I use the word dragging because many people felt that the movie was dragging. :P But I was totally comfortable throughout the movie.

The movie should not be compared with Kamal's earlier comedy movies like Pancha Thanthiram, MBBS, PKS or Dasavatharam. Neither it should be compared with a movie like Anbe Sivam. This movie is totally a light hearted romantic movie, where there are few subtle comedy moments. But then, I got to admit that the romance part was not convincing and it has nothing to do with the age difference between Kamal and Trisha. As Kamal, portrays as Major R. Mannar a widower, a retired Army and Trisha as Nisha aka Ambujashini who is a tamil cinema actress. This clearly shows the age difference and the writer was not trying to show Kamal as a youngster or at least did not want to show as young as Trisha.

Madavan was at his best. He had the opportunity to be the best performer in this movie and he grabbed it rightly. One must watch and enjoy his acting rather being described in a blog.

Usually we would feel the dominance of Kamal in almost every thing that he do. But he was very subtle and Madhavan impresses a lot than any one else in this movie. It was a fun movie with a very strong message about TRUST in a Relationship.

Except that the blossom of love between Kamal and Trisha was not so clear, screen play was at its best. Many complained that screen play was wobbling in the climax scenes. I did not feel any bit of wobble in the screen play. In fact, it is really a very difficult screenplay, which was very well directed.

Songs were rightly placed and was there an only dissapointment that Kamal's Kavidhai was taken off. Screen Play sucked only at that time and Kamal had no other choice I reckon.

To me the best dialogue I have ever heard recently is when Kamal relates his War and the accident that his family and Trisha's is involved. I liked it very much. It was so simple unlike Kamal's usual philosophical/sarcastic dialogues. :P There were many sarcastic dialogus as well. Come on, his fans are never disappointed. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Adding to Trisha ,Kamal and madhavan..we cannot forget about the Character Deepa..(Sangeetha) She did her Best to move the movie as complete comedy at the end..all 4 charcters were really amazing and riite fit on their roles..